About me

About me
🌿 I've been gardening ever since a child, when I spent time with my father in his vegetable garden. But my fascination with Echeverias started in the 1980's, when my father gave me a pot with five Echeverias, which turned out to be E. imbricata. At first I wasn't much interested in them and planted them in some obscure corner of the garden and completely forgot about them. How great was my surprise when, a couple of months later, I noticed that they had spread and made a beautiful display - I was hooked!

Tuesday 6 January 2015

Echeverias after the winter


Having survived a particularly harsh winter OUTSIDE! ( usually bring them inside every winter), these Echeverias (E. imbricata) have doubled in size with all the beautiful early-summer rains we’ve had. These pots spent the winter under the protection of my Wild Olive (Olea europaea subsp. africana). Also known as “Blue Hens and Chicks”, these plants, hailing from the semi-desert areas of Central America, thrive in frost free, brightly lit conditions with good drainage.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...