About me

About me
🌿 I've been gardening ever since a child, when I spent time with my father in his vegetable garden. But my fascination with Echeverias started in the 1980's, when my father gave me a pot with five Echeverias, which turned out to be E. imbricata. At first I wasn't much interested in them and planted them in some obscure corner of the garden and completely forgot about them. How great was my surprise when, a couple of months later, I noticed that they had spread and made a beautiful display - I was hooked!

Tuesday 29 March 2022

Sansevieria, a feng shui favourite

Mother-in-Law’s Tongue or Sansevieria trifasciata is native to Asia and Africa. Snake plants (Sansevieria) have a number of health benefits. They filter indoor air, remove toxic pollutants, may help boost mental health, are easy to care for, are effective against allergies and may help enhance the “energy” of a space, according to feng shui, therefore they are ideal in the bedroom. 


In the garden they thrive in full sun as well as partial shade and quickly spread through rizomes. They are also great in pots indoors or on the patio.





::

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...